April 6, 2008

More cookies...

Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. Nuttelex (or another brand of dairy free margarine)
2 large egg whites
2 tsp. vanilla
15 oz. can of chick peas (rinsed and drained)
~ 1 c. dark chocolate. (I bought a Lindt 70% cocoa bar and chopped it up in very small pieces).
2 c. Orgran Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
1/2 cup old fashioned oats (luckily, I can eat gluten, just not wheat!)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees or 176 degrees Celsius for those of you baking in Australia!
Beat sugar and margarine until smooth.
Beat in egg whites and vanilla, then chick peas and chocolate.
Sift in flour, oats, baking soda and salt.
Mix until a dough forms.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Drop by tablespoon on cookie sheet and bake for 11-13 minutes. Do not overbake. I don't know if it was because I changed the recipe but I found that they don't really spread out, so it's hard to tell when they are cooked, but exactly 13 minutes in my oven left them golden brown on the bottom and on the peaks of each cookie.
And that's it! Enjoy everyone!

1 comment:

Kristi Drennan said...

we eat them all in one sitting...well not true...more like 24 hours. Good job I quit chocolate for awhile so I can gain some control