April 6, 2008

Shaking up fruit salad!

This is what I've started eating as a yummy treat or even as just a little something different occasionally at breakfast. It's just basically fruit cut up in a bowl (whatever you like or have to use up in your fridge...my favorite combo includes, apple, pear, orange, fresh berries of some kind, and peach), then you sprinkle it with cinnamon, a little wheat free granola (if you like) and lastly, you drizzle it with chilled coconut cream (you put the can of coconut cream directly in the fridge, then shake it up before putting it over your fruit). You can even drizzle a little honey on it, for extra sweetness, if you've got a sweet tooth! This is sooooo yummy and a good sweet alternative to junk food, when you're craving something yummy. According to my nutritionist, coconut cream is a good fat, in moderation. Give it a try...it's a nice tasty, yet healthy snack! And, dairy and wheat free, of course! I love it!

2 comments:

Kristi Drennan said...

I still have to try that dish! Can you get coconut stuff at the regular grocery store??

Kat said...

I love this treat! I usually have it with yogurt but I will change it up :)